Write Your Own About Page: A Step-By-Step Guide
If you check your website’s analytics, you’ll probably find that your About page is one of the top-viewed pages on your site.
People want to know more about your business.
And if they don’t find what they’re looking for—or if they find a wall of text that they’re not going to read—you can turn your About page into a hindrance rather than a help.
If your current content isn’t cutting it, I get it. I find that the About page is the single hardest page for a small business owner to write.
Summing up our business—or even worse, summing up ourselves—is like starting a freight train from a dead stop. The wheels just spin and you feel like you’ll never get going.
You could hire someone like me to write it for you (and I’d be happy to do so!)
Or you can write your own for a fraction of the cost.
In this guide, I’ll hold your hand through the process and lead you past blank-page paralysis.
Our goal will be to create a 300-ish word About page that does four primary things:
- Tells the reader a bit about what they can expect from your business
- Tells the reader a bit about the company and/or the owner
- Asks the reader to take an action, like contacting you or placing an order
- Tops it all with a compelling headline to hook the reader’s attention
When we’re done with that, we’ll talk about some optional add-ons that you can include to establish trust with the reader.
Inside, you’ll find:
- Helpful headline formulas so you can attract attention from the jump
- Call-to-action tips to get the reader to take an action
- Additional content ideas to make the sale or reservation a no-brainer for the reader
- Examples from my portfolio to illustrate each concept
While I wrote this content specifically with hospitality brands in mind, you could use it for just about any small business!
This is a digital product. You will receive an email with a link to the PDF, which you can download and keep forever.
7 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you this guide doesn’t help you write a better About page for your website, I’ll give you a full refund—no questions asked. Just email me at email@example.com within 7 days of your purchase.